• 66 Balcombe Road, Mentone, VIC, 3194
  • 03 95836996

Traveling with Your Dog: How to Get an Assistance Animal Pass for Public Transport

Most folks can’t take their pet dogs on buses, taxis, or Ubers. But some people have to because of their health. They can get an Assistance Animal Pass, a special card.

This pass helps folks with disabilities, including aging and psychiatric issues. It lets them use public transport like trains, trams, and buses with their helper animals. To get it, they must show their animal is crucial for their well-being.

Here are some animals that can get this pass:

  1. Mobility Support Animals: These dogs aid people with physical disabilities, like those in wheelchairs or with mobility problems.
  2. Medical Alert Animals: These animals help during medical emergencies by sensing problems and providing assistance.
  3. Psychiatric Service Animals: They support people with psychiatric issues, giving emotional help.

Not all animals can get this pass. Regular pets or therapy animals don’t qualify. Facility animals that visit hospitals and nursing homes aren’t eligible either.

Guide dogs, hearing guide dogs, and guide dogs in training are exceptions. They don’t need an Assistance Animal Pass because they are well-trained and necessary for their owners.

In short, the Assistance Animal Pass is crucial for those who rely on their helper animals for daily life. It allows them to use public transport and live their lives with the support they need.

Affordable iron infusions.
Iron infusions with Dr Martin Hassabi | All travel vaccines are available to be administered same day | Affordable Vitamin B and D injections.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons